Auf Englisch - Sitzbank in WoMo

• Hi, Sorry my German is not great. I have a T4 kastenwagen with LKW and WoMo zulassung and want to install a 2er sitzbank in the back. It is currently completely empty in the back with no mounting holes for the sitzbank. Will I have problems with my WoMo zulassung if I try to get the sitzbank approved?

Please help a poor Australian who is completely confused by German laws and regulations...

Tom

• >Hi, Sorry my German is not great. I have a T4 kastenwagen with LKW and WoMo zulassung and want to install a 2er sitzbank in the back. It is currently completely empty in the back with no mounting holes for the sitzbank. Will I have problems with my WoMo zulassung if I try to get the sitzbank approved?
    >Please help a poor Australian who is completely confused by German laws and regulations...
    >Tom

Are you in Germany and want to install the bench according to our regulations?
    As far as I know LKw + WoMo (campervan) cannot be...
    From the technical point of view you have to be sure if you need the bench to be used during driving as well (not only for camping), then you need the safety belts for sure. Check at first if there are the screw threads for mounting the belts between the windows, the rest will not be a problem.
    Have a great day
    Andi

• >Hi, Sorry my German is not great. I have a T4 kastenwagen with LKW and WoMo zulassung and want to install a 2er sitzbank in the back. It is currently completely empty in the back with no mounting holes for the sitzbank. Will I have problems with my WoMo zulassung if I try to get the sitzbank approved?
    >Please help a poor Australian who is completely confused by German laws and regulations...
    >Tom

Hi Tom,

as far as I know it is not possible to have a lkw and womo 'zulassung' at the same time.
    Do you want to carry people on the 'sitzbank', or just use it when the car is not moving (for camping purpose)? In first case you need to have the amount of seats modified in the car's papers.
    This is done by the TUEV or DEKRA, regarding on the state you live in. The following lines refer to an use as a passengerseat(s) during journey.

If you have a lkw zulassung, just forget the second row (if your t4 is not a long wheel distance ('Langer Radstand' in german) type.
    Otherwise (when your t4 is a 'SonderKfz Wohnmobil') if your have windows in the back you can fit the second row.
    You need the orginal mounting plates, which have to be mounted below the floor (just fix it with two pop-rivets (revets???)). They feature the nut for the mounting bolt.
    The mounting of the left safety belt will become realy hard, if your car is not prepared for it. There are some connections which have to be welded if you want fix the safety belt, but may be just glued in some versions of t4 when delivered without seats in the back.

Tomy

P.S. Is your ESP still leacky?

• Thanx for your replies. There is no doubt the Auto is WoMo and LKW zulassung at the same time. Yes I wish to have the seat approved for passengers when driving. The holes are in the walls for the seat belts (although not the threads as far as I know), but there are no holes in the floor for the seat mounting. Do I have to get these done professionally or can I do them myself?

Cheers

Tom

>>Hi, Sorry my German is not great. I have a T4 kastenwagen with LKW and WoMo zulassung and want to install a 2er sitzbank in the back. It is currently completely empty in the back with no mounting holes for the sitzbank. Will I have problems with my WoMo zulassung if I try to get the sitzbank approved?
    >>Please help a poor Australian who is completely confused by German laws and regulations...
    >>Tom
    >Hi Tom,
    >as far as I know it is not possible to have a lkw and womo 'zulassung' at the same time.
    >Do you want to carry people on the 'sitzbank', or just use it when the car is not moving (for camping purpose)? In first case you need to have the amount of seats modified in the car's papers.
    >This is done by the TUEV or DEKRA, regarding on the state you live in. The following lines refer to an use as a passengerseat(s) during journey.
    >If you have a lkw zulassung, just forget the second row (if your t4 is not a long wheel distance ('Langer Radstand' in german) type.
    >Otherwise (when your t4 is a 'SonderKfz Wohnmobil') if your have windows in the back you can fit the second row.
    >You need the orginal mounting plates, which have to be mounted below the floor (just fix it with two pop-rivets (revets???)). They feature the nut for the mounting bolt.
    >The mounting of the left safety belt will become realy hard, if your car is not prepared for it. There are some connections which have to be welded if you want fix the safety belt, but may be just glued in some versions of t4 when delivered without seats in the back.
    >Tomy
    >P.S. Is your ESP still leacky?

• By the way, the kfz is a Lang Radstand and it has windows in the back, but only the first panels behind the driver and not the back panels. It is indeed a sonderkfz WoMo. When I take it to the TÜV or DEKRA (I'm in Sachsen) do I have to reinstall all the stuff that was in there when it was WoMo approved (sink, bed, schrank etc..)?

Ta

• >Thanx for your replies. There is no doubt the Auto is WoMo and LKW zulassung at the same time. Yes I wish to have the seat approved for passengers when driving. The holes are in the walls for the seat belts (although not the threads as far as I know), but there are no holes in the floor for the seat mounting. Do I have to get these done professionally or can I do them myself?
    >Cheers
    >Tom

Tom, without thread, no belts.
    Without belts not seats. That's the rule.
    The counterside of the belt is fixed at the bench, i.e. not additional wholes on the floor, only for the bench.
    If you wish to have it officially approved (insurance cover!) you have to go to someone with approved workshop so that the Tüv or Dekra can adapt your registration. That's f***ing Germany.
    You can fix the bench itself on your own, thats not the problem.

• >By the way, the kfz is a Lang Radstand and it has windows in the back, but only the first panels behind the driver and not the back panels. It is indeed a sonderkfz WoMo. When I take it to the TÜV or DEKRA (I'm in Sachsen) do I have to reinstall all the stuff that was in there when it was WoMo approved (sink, bed, schrank etc..)?
    >Ta

Basically it would be better, but if they ask you silly questions just tell em you are refurnishing your camper or so, or you are waiting for ordered new bed, sink, ...

Have a nice weekend.

Andi

PS Remembers me of the old days when I travelled around Oz with my split window combi...